We all know that it is natural for females to breastfeed their young. So why is this so controversial? Some states have already taken a stand. Here are the numbers:
- 46 states, the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands have laws that specifically protect a women's right to breastfeed in any public or private location.
- 29 states, the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands exempt breastfeeding from public indecency laws.
- 25 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico have laws related to breastfeeding in the workplace.
- 16 states and Puerto Rico exempt breastfeeding mothers from jury duty or allow jury service to be postponed.
- 5 states and Puerto Rico have implemented or encouraged the development of a breastfeeding awareness education campaign.
Let us know how you feel about the government stepping in to protect your right to breastfeed your baby in public.
Milk Nursingwear'sstylish nursing tops and dresses feature hidden openings that help you to nurse discreetly and conveniently wherever you are. This helps you feel more confident breastfeeding when you are out and about and enables you to enjoy being out in the world with your nursling.