Looking for a lactation cookie recipe to help boost your milk production and your energy level? Here is a great, no-bake option. It contains three important ingredients thought to help promote the flow of a nursing mother's milk - brewer's yeast, oats and flax seed.
recipe by: Maegan, The BakerMama
ingredients (serves 2 dozen)
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup ground or milled flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons brewer’s yeast (debittered or unbittered)
- 1 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Mix on low speed until mixture is well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll mixture into 2-tablespoon sized smooth balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or enjoy right away. Once the bites have set, transfer them to an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.